People get aromatherapy massage for a variety of different reasons. For example, aromatherapy massage can be used to help relax muscles and ease chronic pain. Aromatherapist massages are often given in tandem with other forms of therapy such as psychotherapy and aromatherapy, and is also known as aromatology.
Aromatology aromatherapy is the use of aromas to enhance psychological and physical well-being. The massage therapists often uses different fragrances, essential oils, and massage techniques such as aromatology and aromatherapy in order to make the patient more relaxed and comfortable during the therapeutic process.
Oils may also be used to treat minor injuries such as bruises, swelling, and cooling the skin. Additionally aromatherapy massage may also be used to help with depression, anxiety, or migraines.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
Aromatherapy might be a good option for fighting fatigue, stress and also to get relief from pain.
There are many aromatherapy massage benefits . The aromas of the plant extracts used in aromatherapy penetrate through the skin-blood barrier and affect both the limbic system and the nervous system, which control emotions and feelings respectively.
How To Get an Aromatherapy Massage
1. Inquire from aromatherapists or aromatherapy massage specialists on the kinds of aromas that help fight fatigue, stress and pain. There are a wide array of aromas which can be used for aromatherapy massage. Some common essential oils include grapefruit seed extract, lavender, eucalyptus oil, lemon grass, chamomile and peppermint.
2. Ask aromatherapists or aromatherapy masseuses for aromatherapy massages; some may include aromatherapy as part of their services while others may not. If you are trying out an aromatherapy massage first-time, it is best to ask local boutiques and aromatherapists on the best aromas to use for your aromatherapy massage.
3. Inquire from a local aromatherapy spa whether aromatherapy massages are available in their services. If they do not have aromatherapy massages, then inquire if they have any essential oils that you can use at home.
4. Discuss aromatherapy massage with aromatherapists or aromatherapy spa workers. Aromatherapy massages may not be included in their services, but they can give you advice on aromas that are good for health issues such as fatigue and pain relief.
Side Effects of Aromatherapy Massages
Despite aromatherapy massage benefits, aromatherapy can also have negative effects when not done right.
1. One of the aromatherapy side effects is a case of allergy wherein a person has a reaction to an essential oil or aromas in aromatherapy massages. The most common aromas which cause allergies are citrus fruits such as lemon.
2. Another aromatherapy side effect is skin irritation or rashes which are caused by essential oils that have not been part of aromatherapy massages before. It is best to test aromas on a small patch of skin first, prior to applying it on the whole body for aromatherapy massage benefits.
3. Other aromatherapy side effects include nausea, vomiting and other stomach-related problems. It is best to ask aromatherapists or aromatherapy massage specialists on the aromas that are good for specific health conditions such as fatigue and pain relief.
4. Some essential oils used in aromatherapy can cause negative reactions when taken internally. For aromatherapy side effects on ingestion, some aromas such as those from thyme and oregano should not be taken internally.
5. People who are suffering from some health conditions such as asthma should consult aromatherapists or aromatherapy massage specialists first before taking an aromatherapy massage for aromatherapy benefits.
Contact Forever Yung To Schedule a Consultation
Indulge in the scent of extreme relaxation and bliss with an aromatherapy massage! At Forever Yung, aromatherapy is one of our specialities. Tap to call us at 864-598-9832 to schedule your next appointment.
[You Might Be Interested In]: What Is a Deep Tissue Massage: Pros & Cons of This Popular Technique